MDWind is an ambitious and human-sized company from Luxembourg that operates in the wind energy sector. Since its inception more than ten years ago, the company has been engaged in offering global service solutions related to onshore wind farms.
At MDWind, an international team of qualified experts works together towards a common goal: to protect the climate of our planet by drastically reducing CO2 emissions while actively participating in the energy transition. Owing to high-quality services and a strong commitment to its corporate values, the company has recorded from the very beginning stable and continuous growth and development throughout Europe. As a result of this expansion, the company is in need of high-quality professional staff.
For our client MDWind, we are looking for a Project Manager – Services and Turnkey Solutions (Wind Sector) to ensure efficient support for achieving the Company’s long-term strategic goals and objectives.
Location: Weiswampach, Luxembourg
All around Europe, MDWind provides a variety of high-quality services in the wind sector – ranging from the installation and maintenance of onshore wind turbines to the exchange of big components, repowering, rotor blade and supervision services, and increasingly turnkey solutions – on numerous international projects in Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom, etc.
As a Project Manager – Services and Turnkey Solutions (Wind Sector), you will be given an opportunity to be trained in all of the above segments, to take part, and in time also take over the full-scope project management of MDWind’s turnkey solutions.
• Receive and actively participate in ongoing on-the-job training in order to gain a comprehensive understanding of MDWind’s operations and services, that will ultimately enable you to successfully coordinate and manage the full scope of turnkey projects
• Manage effectively multiple international onshore wind turbine projects, with a scope ranging from specific to turnkey services
• Manage effectively all technical, financial, and human aspects of such projects, all with a result-driven approach
• Prepare Project Plans and supporting documents
• Prepare and do the follow-up of project budgets
• Prepare a monthly Progress Report and present it in front of the management team
• Manage and deploy the assigned project resources – including human resources – according to the approved planning, monitor progress, and take corrective actions where required
• Organise, coordinate, and supervise all team activities on-site and monitor and resolve any issues that may arise
• Monitor project parameters – quality, cost, schedule – and take corrective actions in case of deviations
• Be accountable for the safety of all the assigned project resources on site
• Ensure that all project and corporate procedures are correctly followed
• Ensure good communication on project – with the client, team members, vendors/partners, the management team
• Monitor and ensure a high level of client satisfaction
• Provide support and act as a coach towards more junior or less experienced colleagues in a longer term
• Travel to sites when required, to monitor the implementation of project activities on the spot
• Actively participate in the future development plan of the Company, and contribute to its structural improvement and strategic vision
As a Project Manager – Services and Turnkey Solutions (Wind Sector), you will share MDWind’s values and objectives, you will actively contribute to its building a strong competitive position, and you will have:
• Relevant technical background
• Experience in project management within a technical environment
• Strong organisational skills, ability to work with deadlines and manage stress
• Willingness to learn and be trained continually
• Excellent communication skills and a strong team spirit
• A good head for figures and the ability to read and interpret financial statements
• Good operational knowledge of MS Office tools (Word and Excel); knowledge of other tools such as Navision, Power BI, PM methodologies will be an asset
• Intrapreneurial spirit, in other words, you are proactive and curious, able to anticipate and forecast, willing to ask questions, double-check, and challenge
• A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach, as well as the ability to see the “big picture”, look at a problem from different perspectives
• A hands-on, agile work style and a “can-do” attitude
• Strong, self-confident personality, who is autonomous and yet respectful of your hierarchy
• Fluent in English; knowledge of French or German would be an asset
• Be part of a growing company offering cutting-edge technology in its field
• Be part of a team of experts where your creative input will have a significant impact
• Work with recognised professionals to make our customers' environments more secure and more efficient in terms of energy production
• Benefit from real autonomy in order to make your own decisions relating to your projects; participate in the development of the company without being impeded by overly cumbersome procedures or administration
• Work in the office, with occasional visits to the sites
• Work as a permanent employee and have the opportunity to be rewarded with an attractive salary package, including a company car and a wide range of benefits