On behalf of our client BStor – a young Belgian company engaged in the development, financing, and asset management of battery projects, enthusiastic about and fully committed to the energy transition – we are looking for a Technical Project Manager for Grid Scale Battery Projects, who will be responsible for engineering large-scale battery storage development projects, with the focus on their electrical engineering and battery related aspects.
Our client BStor is a developer, investor, owner, and operator of battery assets and battery storage activities. BStor was the initiator, developer, and financier of the first battery project to be linked to the Belgian high-voltage grid. BStor is committed to its goal to remain the frontrunner in battery development and to initiate new projects aimed at enabling the connection of batteries (battery parks) to the electric power grid.
To continue its ambitious expansion plan, BStor is now in need of a talented and dedicated Technical Project Manager for Grid Scale Battery Projects who will be in charge of the engineering and the performances of its future battery projects, from ideation to decommissioning.
Your key role
As a Technical Project Manager for Grid Scale Battery Projects, you will mainly manage the electrical engineering and battery technology related aspects of large-scale battery projects.
To engineer such projects, you will ensure that the battery assets and their connection to the grid are efficiently designed, procured, built, and operated. And you will go through different stages, apply different steps, and work with different stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities will be as follows:
• Provide technical support during the entire development, construction, and operation process
• Be one of the key persons in the tendering and procurement of battery assets and grid connection infrastructure:
- define functional requirements
- analyse and evaluate technical bids from suppliers
- recommend a list of suppliers as preferred bidders – for the supply, installation and maintenance of the projects
• Do the regular follow-up for all the electrical and battery related aspects of the construction works; participate fully in the testing and commissioning phases
• Cooperate with and coordinate the activities of various external parties that will be engaged in different project phases – engineering offices, installers, battery producers, and maintenance firms
• Be the responsible person for the technical aspects of the project, as well as for the quality, safety compliance, and timely execution of works
• Continuously learn about new technologies and innovative solutions; develop your own expertise with respect to battery industry + develop new standards and procedures; liaise continuously with industry
• Relevant technical degree (Electrical Engineering, Electromechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or similar)
• Full professional proficiency in English (native proficiency in French or Dutch is an added value)
• Project management experience in energy-related (power generation) projects
• First experience with battery projects will be an asset
• Experience in procurement, commissioning, or site supervision will be a plus
• Open to broadening your expertise into other fields
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with suppliers, team members, and key stakeholders
• Ability to work in a team, in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Ability to work in a spin-off environment that will upscale in the coming years
• Knowledge of project management software tools and effective use of report-writing tools
• You are willing to explore and learn about new solutions in energy transition, and you are able to create new technical procedures and standards
• You have an open mindset, you are flexible, committed, and willing to work in a skill-up environment
• A full-time employment contract
• A job with a mission and tangible impact that brings continuous opportunities for professional growth and development
• An opportunity to be involved in the entire project cycle and all aspects of battery asset development
• A full and competitive compensation package with a wide range of benefits (fixed salary, company car, bonus system…)