On behalf of our client Enerdeal, a fast growing and innovative company specialised in developing, financing, and managing large-scale photovoltaic projects, we are looking for an experienced and motivated Project Engineer – Renewable Energy, who will support the project management cycle from A to Z by designing and engineering for large and complex industrial photovoltaic projects in Belgium and Luxembourg.
Location: Zaventem, Flemish Region
Enerdeal is specialised in project development, financing, and operating large-scale multi-megawatt Commercial and Industrial Renewable Energy Systems and Solar PV projects.
Enerdeal’s mission, ever since its inception in 2009, has been to promote smarter use of energy by providing state-of-the-art and competitive solar energy solutions to energy-intensive users, industrial companies, and large property owners, increasingly integrated with electric vehicle charging stations. The Enerdeal park represents more than 2,000,000m2 of solar systems on carports, roofs, walls, or grounds.
The company operates in Belgium and Luxemburg. Since 1 February 2023, Enerdeal joined the EDP Group, an international leader in renewable energies.
To address a rising number of industrial photovoltaic projects, Enerdeal is looking for a Project Engineer – Renewable Energy, who will provide technical support for large and complex photovoltaic projects in Belgium and Luxemburg during the entire project management cycle – by creating and implementing industrial photovoltaic projects processes and designs.
• Understand project requirements; design state-of-the-art processes and solutions with project/client requirements, cost-effectiveness, and environmental standards in mind
• Provide design and engineering solution for industrial photovoltaic projects, including: building (facility) studies, computations and calculations of installation performance and installation profitability, electrical design (both PV installations and substations), detailed drawings, material selection, etc.
• Undergo regular training as part of continual learning and development path
• Assess the usability and safety of the designed processes and solutions
• Provide regular and efficient reporting on project status, and present results to managers and clients
• Work closely with the project manager on multiple aspects, always with focus on PV development and engineering design process
• Assist the project manager with technical visits and site surveys, as well as with final acceptance of works
• Provide technical support to the pre-sales team for proposals and especially its technical components
• Manage relevant documentation and keep it up to date
• Relevant engineering degree – preferably in industrial or electrical design engineering
• Proven technical knowledge and experience in industrial electricity/engineering; experience in electrical projects design and/or the solar PV sector will be a plus
• Fluency in 2D modelling via AutoCad or similar tools
• Good understanding of electrical design
• Interest in installation techniques
• Willingness to learn and upskill continuously
• Problem-solving, and decision-making mentality
• Hard worker, motivated, result-oriented
• Autonomous and flexible, but also a collaborative team player
• Excellent organisation skills and the ability to adapt your work pace to project timelines
• Comfortable working in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment
• Based in Belgium, with native proficiency in one of the two national languages (French or Dutch); the knowledge of the other will be an asset; good knowledge of English will be a plus
• A full-time employment contract
• A full and competitive compensation package with many advantages (fixed salary, insurance, bonus system, meal vouchers, company car…)
• An opportunity to work in a rapidly developing and innovative company in the green sector with ambitious growth and expansion plans
• Continuous learning and development opportunities